Thursday 24 March 2011

1st artist! JEFFREY SHAW!

1st artist (Jeffrey Shaw)


I started my project on this section by an artist named Jeffrey Shaw. Why did I choose this artist to begin with? It was because of his most two famous works. One was called “legible city” and the other one was called “water walk.” I thought about the concepts of legible city and water walk. I think it’s really amazed and incredible works he came up with. Audience are seated on a stationary bicycle and ‘move' through streets projected onto the surface in front of them. Isn’t amazing? I think it’s similar to watching a movie at a theater, wearing 3D glass. When I wore 3D glass and watch movie, it felt like I’m part of the actors who performs a great show in the movie. It was more like real and something that is tangible. Now days, we have played at least one choice of game. Think about a game system Wii. It requires several different types of accessories to play with, but people still plays. I personally like Wii system because it is like Jeffrey Shaw concept of art. You can play game as if you are really experiencing a car racing or playing sports with someone else. I think that Jeffrey concept was fully adapted into a Wii system witch capture people attentions. Overall, Jeffrey Shaw is really amazed and incredible artist who came up with the idea of water walk and legible city which truly fits into NEW MEDIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment