Monday 7 March 2011

LACMA VISIT

I went to LACMA museum on Saturday with my boyfriend. When I got into museum I was amazed on the size of the museum. I said to my boyfriend, “is this one of theme park?” it caught my attention at first place because of the size of the museum. Sadly, some of the building was closed due to renovation but still I really enjoyed my visit at LACMA. To be honest, I notice there are 6 different building to stop by and I did stop by but I felt that it was similar to Norton Simon Museum. Then what it really captured my attention was when I went into hammer building. At there, looking at some of Korean art refresh my memories to back in the days when I use to live in Korea. For instance, one object (?) named “Dining Table” from joseon period was the one that I use to eat my meals. It is not the exactly the same one from joseon perion but it’s really similar to ones I’ve used. I’m positive most of the Korean family has at least one of the dining tables to eat their meals. I’ll indicate picture of the ones from LACMA and other one where you can easily obtain at Korean super-market.
LACMA

from market

Then I went into Pavilion for Japanese Art building.

At there I was really irritated with the security lady because she was the fourth person who asked to show our admission ticket!!! Anyway, I thought lot of work was very similar to each other. Then, I saw a Japanese mask which was in some way scary looking and someway looks same as the ones where Korean people used on a certain days to celebrate and eat lots of great food.
Japanese Mask

Korean Mask

what do you guys think about these two mask? is it similr looking? or not?
I remembered when lots of our family would gather into group and wearing these mask and dancing with laughing and smiling on our face. It was one of the traditional events that can be done if we desire to do so. I tried not to, but because I was Asian I was more into Japanese and Korean art. But I did go to see contemporary art and Americas building. It was nice to see some of works from that building but I didn’t really had fun as much as I spent my time at Japanese art building and Hammer building. Overall, it was really awesome except I didn’t get to see the urban light to illuminate the light and the food cost so much to afford!!!! and lastly, Picasso art work is really something.. I mean I've always felt that his art was really hard to explain what it represent but one of the work from Picasso, I finally get to know!!! "weeping Woman with Handkerchief" I knew it has to do with lady and crying and wiping with something!!! I get to know little better on ART!!! yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment