Saturday 2 April 2011

Beall Center for Art+Technology




Today, I went to UCI to see the work of Art at the Museum. When I was inside the building, I notice that there was only 3 pieces of work that was display. I first saw the work of art called Bird. I didnt know what to do when I was standing infront of the Sculpture, then the lady who seemed to be in charge of the museum was explaning to me. she said that I should play with it and see how it reacts to me. then I asked her if I suppose to touch the Sculpture and she have reply "no" instead I should just move around my body and see how it changes and react. So as I was moving around the sculpture it began to change its shape as if it was ready to fly away. I asked her how it response and how it react to my movement and she said that it has little sensor that tracks our movement and react. all three sculpture reacts to my movement, and I was really having fun watching reactions and changes. Especially Bird, it seemed as if its ready to fly away, and Inner Space seemed like as if I was going into the space. it was more like sucking my body into its Inner Space. Lastly, BioMorphic was like creations of human body. It was hanging on the wall, and as I move around I only notice that it was getting FATTER! or maybe it was just delusion that seemed as if it was getting fatter because of the darkness of the room, But the lady who have explained to me said that they all have reacts so I believed that it was getting fatter (filling up the air). overall, eventhough there were only 3 pieces of art work, they all were interesting and fun to see how it react to my movement. I felt like I had the power to control their reaction.

"Bird"


"Inner Space"



"BioMorphic"



"SENSORS THAT TRACK PEOPLE MOVEMENT AND REACT"

No comments:

Post a Comment