Thursday 21 April 2011

Jennifer Ringley / Jennicam

Eight-artist: Jennifer Ringley / Jennicam
Jennifer Ringley is known for creating the popular website JenniCam. Ringley's innovation was simply to allow others to view her daily activities. I remembered one of our class-mate presented about this artist. As I was listening to what my class-mate says, I wondered if she was really an artist. She was showing her daily activities to others. What was she thinking? There was no sign of private. How can she be known as artist? Before I get to know about Griffith artist, I thought it was insane and some sort of scribble, but as I get to know and experience Griffith art at Venice art wall, I finally realized that it was art to express the artist ideas and emotions to audience. But Ringley, it is really hard to understand her meanings of showing her daily activities to others and be called as an artist. Am I getting wrong? Maybe she is the real artist? She doesn’t need to hide, she can’ lie, or being creative to perform her work to show audience. It is the most natural and realism art? Is it similar to say that being realism and beauty? It is beauty because it is the most natural actions? And it is realism because she is showing her daily activities to others. She is something…. Hard to understand….. but made me think about beauty and realism…

No comments:

Post a Comment