Thursday 21 April 2011

Masaki Fujihata

10 artist: Masaki Fujihata

Masaki Fujihata is one of the pioneers of Japanese new media art. He was one of the first artists to use stereolithography, a technique in which a laser polymerizes a liquid resin as it sweeps its surface. Out of many different works from him, I personally thought interesting to know the work called “field woks.” It is Equipped with a GPS receiver, a wide-angle video camera + microphone, a pocket computer, and an electronic compass, Masaki Fujihata records his walks through sites chosen in terms of the possibility of developing a project there linked specifically with its geography and history. The material is then mapped into a 3-dimensional space using the GPS information to orient the sequence into a Field-works virtual excursion. (I had to tell you that I copy and paste because I didn’t know how to put it into my own words) using GPS and other materials to perform the work… or should I say processing the work? Either way it sounds like interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment