Friday 1 April 2011

Bill Viola




Bill Viola is a video artist and his works focus on the ideas behind fundamental human experiences such as birth, death and aspects of consciousness. I personally thought that his video art works were kind of tedious in a way that its in slow motions and some of the video dont even have any sounds at all. I really didnt understand his expression that he intended to show in his video. but out of many different video art works, I liked one video art called The Quintet of the Astonished. this was one of the work that didnt have any sound but in a way that 5 different people show different facial expression on the video. serenity, sadness, disappointment, anxiety, and desireness. I came up with these five different meaning as I was looking at them. just like Bill Viola focus on the ideas of human experiences such as birth, death, and aspects of consiciousness, I thought humans are experiencing lots of emotions in between ife and death. like we all have different determinations of ralism and fake, we all may have different determations to express our emotions. I meant by, how many people think that realism means tangible? and how many of us called that fake is fake? just like these quesions flowing on my mind, how many of us laught for same reasons? and how many of us cry for the same reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment